Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why Yes, School Did Eat Me a Little

I'm alive, I swear! School has begun and it's taking me a whole three weeks to settle into a workable schedule. As a matter of fact, I have to continue reading an ancient Greek medical treatise in order to stick to the schedule for tomorrow, so I have to make this short and sweet!

I'm still working on my Breezy Cardigan, which needs a name soon. It needs only sleeves and a button band, but it's being held up by the fact that I have no skills at Magic Loop and need my dpns to complete the sleeves. Those needles are in the sleeves of Pacific Coast, which has come out of its summer hibernation to be finished so that Breezy might be finished before winter sets in for keeps. I should have Pacific Coast done by Friday, I think. But I make no promises. :)

I'm also working on Cladonia (I'm calling it Milky Way for the stellar yarn) for the Harry Potter House Cup and a Madelinetosh multicolored shawl knit-a-long. It's beautiful! I'm doing it English style (I knit Continental), so it's a little slower than I'm used to, but the drape is perfection and it's super relaxing. It's a transit knit, so it might not be done for a couple more weeks even though it's pretty small and simple.


I have a couple of store samples I'm planning to start tomorrow. I'll try to keep you updated on those too. I'm really excited for them. They should be fun!

Head over to Tami's blog for more WIP-Wednesday posts. As always, thanks for stopping by and thanks for all the great comments. We read every one and love them all. :)

4 comments:

  1. love that green colour !! really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, can't wait to see your pacific coast! i love that cardigan. it always feels good to pull something out of hibernation and finish it up, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool projects. I hope to learn to knit some day, but right now I am about to start learning some new techniques for weaving tiny seed beads. I can do things on a loom so far, but not by hand, which is what I intend to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely WIPs! And your photos are so gorgeous, with the lighting and all.

    Have you tried Magic Loop at all? Once I got it, I never, ever went back to dpns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!