Saturday, November 26, 2011

Time to Check the List

I hope everyone had a great holiday this week (if you had a holiday this week)! I had every intention of posting a Work-in-Progress Wednesday post before we left town Wednesday, but we had an unexpected accident that required attention that morning instead. Long story short, turns out tetanus shots can ache much longer than whatever you needed it for. :) We had a good Thanksgiving regardless. John got a glimpse of just how large my family really is, but he had fun, I think.

In any case, I'm supposed to do a style post today (even though I've slacked off the last two months :P), but with a paper draft due Tuesday that needs lots of work, I figured I'd make up for my lack of posts this week and substitute that one with a declaration: I declare the next week (maybe the next two) Work-in-Progress Demolition Week! If all goes as planned, you will see the list of projects at right diminish by about half. I really should hibernate some of those projects, but I keep thinking that if I see them here, I'll be more inclined to finish them. That might be true this week....Maybe.

Right now I am aiming to finish five of those projects. Here they are in progress:

Anhinga: just needs to be seamed and washed (or washed and seamed maybe).

Old photo from two years ago b/c I'm lazy.

Christmas Stocking: will probably be finished today. Intarsia eats my soul a little, but I only have a few more rows left. Then it needs to be steam blocked, seamed, and personalized.


Peabody: has to be done by Wednesday or I fail my first Harry Potter House Cup class! D: All it needs is sleeves, a wash and block, and finishing. Yep. Only. It'll get done, though. No worries.


Rocky Coast Cardigan: just needs to be washed, blocked, and finished with a button band.

Still kind of secret.

Willoughby: I probably won't be done with it by the end of the week (especially with all the above plus teaching and learning to do), but I only have 18 repeats left to do and they don't take that long.


I don't think I'll have the time or inclination to post more than the usual Wednesday and Friday this week, so keep an eye on the list and come back next Friday, when I hope to sprinkle finished objects galore upon you! Then, the following week I will probably start just as many. I have to knit a hat for my grandpa, mittens for John, and one other mitten (Love Bytes, Robots Rule) for me before the cold sets in for reals. My Office is a Fridge and Baobab may join that list too. And a pair of fingerless mitts. And two Elijahs....I have a lot of knitting to do.

I can't wait to get back to being a selfish knitter. It's much less stressful. :) Fewer deadlines, too!

If the paper goes well, I may post a style post later today or tomorrow. It will be better than the first one, but don't hold your breath, haha. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. you can do it! i, too, have a slightly towering amount of wips. let's get 'em done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!