Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lazy Day

I'm too lazy to share a picture of the sweater I started the other day, so I'll just tell you about it and you can work up a flashy image in your head and I will reveal it next week and you will either be amazed because you pictured it exactly or disappointed because I didn't describe it very well. :)

I began a sweater this week from a couple-year-old Vogue Knitting issue. I loved and still love a good chunk of patterns in it, so from time to time I'll stumble upon yarn for one of the patterns I like it. We had a trunk show at the shop a couple months ago and had this Feza Mesmerize, which is a shiny metallic yarn with a tiny bit of black fuzz. It's incredibly soft and reasonably priced, so I snagged a bunch of the silver for the Ruffled Cardigan. It's WAY cheaper than the Tilly Thomas called for (though we recently got that yarn too, and it's super soft and pretty, but also super expensive) and I think it'll be a great substitute.

I'm about 3/4 of the way up the back and love the way it looks so far. Since I'm travelling back to Iowa tomorrow (read: loads of down time), I anticipate that I'll have it pretty much done this weekend, hopefully in time for New Year's Eve! John and I probably won't do anything, but just in case. :D

So, picture this: it's shiny silver, but with a slight black halo that actually makes the silver look slightly variegated. I'm going to make a couple mods, but it'll look more or less like the Vogue one.

For more (and better photographed) WIP Wednesday posts, visit Tami's Amis!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love down time that translates into crafting time! Hope you return home safely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!