Friday, December 16, 2011

Twofer

I'm going to have a boatload of projects to share next week, too!

Willoughby


Pattern: Willoughby by Jared Flood
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in Luster
Needles: US 7
Project Page

This scarf was an absolute dream to knit. I don't remember ever tiring of the pattern. Tosh Merino Light is equally, if not more dreamy! I could live in it! I bought two skeins based on the pattern's yardage, which calls for worsted or dk weight, I think. I only used a skein and a tiny bit of the second. That leaves me enough to make my own Different Lines (I've already bought Fragrant to do so!). :D I'll actually wear mine, unlike some boy I know...(though he did wish he'd put it on yesterday when the wind was absolutely frigid).

I just know my Grandma is going to go nuts over this scarf. I'm not sure how warm it is going to be. Maybe I'll give it a test-drive before I give it to her.... :)

Totoro


Pattern: Chu Totoro Toy by brella
Yarn: Mirasol Akapana and Lion Brand LB Collection Baby Alpaca
Needles: US 7
Project Page

This I whipped up in a day for my brother. Remember I made him a little Chibi Totoro for his birthday? I thought he'd like a real one too (plus the movie!). Let me reiterate how much I despise intarsia: I despise intarsia. I was tempted to rip the whole toy apart and duplicate stitch the belly. I'm glad I didn't, but it still looks sloppy. :P

The eyes were tricky too. I have such a hard time with the French knot! I got it to work finally, though. This whole toy is quite sloppy, really. Look at his poor, misshapen tail. :( Oh well. Spike has a crooked tail too. It gives him character. :)

I really, really like the Akapana. I got this little bit at a yarn-tasting at our shop (used every bit of it too). I've rearranged that yarn numerous times in the shop and never thought twice about it, but it's wonderful! I highly recommend it.

For more FO Friday posts, check out Tami's blog!

9 comments:

  1. Such a sweet creature! And the scarf is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful scarf! I love the color... I'm really into greys recently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scarf, which I now know was inevitable because I love jared flood! I am about to do the stripe study shawl by veera, can't wait! i love all of her stripey scarf/shawls :) & totoro is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf is beautiful. It looks so soft and delicate and warm all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scarf, especially in the color you chose! And the Totoro is adorable, I really did fall in love with toy/small-project knitting, it's so rewarding in a way you desperately need after spending weeks on a sweater or shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scarf and what a cute Totoro!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knit that same Totoro pattern a few years ago for a gift. I also hate intarsia with the fire of a thousand suns, but it turned out okay. You have to really, really like someone, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that willoughby is gorgeous! i bet your grandma will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!