Monday, July 2, 2012

July?!

I lost a month somewhere and I'm not sure which. It must have been May. But so much happened in May that it couldn't have been! What about June? Did you miss a couple weeks in June too? That must be it. A couple weeks in May and a couple weeks in June were stolen from us.

I can't believe it's already July! And it's boiling hot outside! Granted, it's nice that it's only now boiling hot out when Iowa is more prone to being boiling hot beginning in May and ending in September. I'll take it, I think. Some nice thunderstorms would be excellent, though.

I'm trying incredibly hard to get work done so I can work on fun things like my Greek special author and knitting, but it's killing me. I'm helping a professor rewrite a Latin composition textbook and parts of it are just torturous! Other parts are kind of fun, though, so I keep telling myself that after the torture, there will be fun. I've been telling myself that for a week. I'll be done with it after this week, though, so on to fun stuff all the time pretty soon!


I'm really just avoiding work, so I don't have much else to say, but here's a crappy phone picture of some knitting (on top of avoided work) to thank you for reading (if you bothered ;]). It's cursed yarn that wants to be a Corona Camisole, but given it's record of wanting to become things and not becoming them, we'll just have to see what happens. Surely you have projects like that? Hopefully they are just as few and far between as mine are.

2 comments:

  1. It has been way too hot here also, I would be so happy if it would rain! Good luck with the annoying work, hopefully you will get more knitting time soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about this work is that I have to stop and think for blocks of time and that allows me to knit on this puppy without requiring any brainpower for a while. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!