Thursday, August 23, 2012

Note to Self...

You might want to start scheduling Wednesday posts. Your hour break isn't long enough and midnight isn't Wednesday anymore.

Well, hello again! I love my schedule this semester. I'm being super, duper productive, everything is relatively close together so I don't have totally weird down-time between classes, but they are far enough apart that I can actually sit down an immerse myself in work for a while, too. It's perfect. Minus two things: Wednesdays I go from 9:30 am to 9:15 pm with a two-hour break and Thursdays will be about the same unless I decide I can sleep in and stay home until 11:00 or noon. :)

It probably goes without saying that I haven't knit much. I haven't quite got the schedule working to the point that I don't have to bring anything home with me. Next week. Next week I'll spend my evenings knitting to my heart's content!


I am working on this guy for my great-grandmother. Her 91st birthday is coming up and I promised her whatever knitted item she wanted for her 90th. She said a neutral scarf and by a happy accident, I had half the materials for it! I'm crazy about this scarf. It's so fast, easy, and gorgeous! It makes me forget I hate Noro. I may mass-email the fam and see who needs a scarf for Christmas. :)

The sweater will get some airtime this weekend, I think. I need to figure out how to modify the shawl collar and I don't have the brain cells to do it just yet. I also picked up a much hated shawl. I even ordered the correct yarn to finish it, so it will happen! Very soon, I think.

I'll have something to show you Friday, too! I took Rams and Ewes to knitting night for a professional opinion on the lining and ended up re-blocking it sans lining. It's ever more gorgeous and will have a backing (after more advice tomorrow night), but I don't know if it will be by Friday.

Finally, I got loads of surprises today that I can't wait to show you! And of course, for posts on WIPs and Summer Sweaters, click on the links!

2 comments:

  1. That scarf is very pretty! Even if it does have the hated Noro in it. Your grandmother is sure to love it. Good luck with your academic endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh noro scarfs! so easy to knit, and so ridiculously addicting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!