Friday, September 21, 2012

Sweet

Sophisticated


Pattern: Baby Sophisticate by Linden Down
Yarn: Berroco Vintage in Breezeway
Needles: US 8 and 7
Project Page

My former officemate is due very soon with her first child. I need to get all my baby knits in the mail! This is the first. It's adorable! The color, the pattern...it all come together.

I have to admit that this is actually far from finished, but it won't look much different after a wash, block, ends woven in, and buttons, right? The buttons are going to be the hard part. The ladies at knitting last night thought silver or wooden. I think they are right, but I have the perfect set of bronze buttons in my head that I'll use if I can find them in real life. That's always the trick, yeah?

I can't tell you how much fun I had knitting a tiny little sweater! It's portable, quick, cute, and still a sweater! Don't be surprised if you see me starting to stockpile baby sweaters. :D I have no plans to do so because I can't wear them, but if I do start, you'll know why.

Next week I should have everything but the blanket done, so expect that fun little array of tiny goodies. Oh, I must ask (having never knit garments for babies): I've knit this and a cape in a 6-12 month size because I'd hate to send clothes that are too small for a potentially large baby, but now I'm afraid that if it's a small baby, it won't have anything to wear this winter! Should I knit a smaller sweater or just hope he's a big baby?

For more FO Friday posts, go to Tami's Amis!

P.S. It's a Pacific Northwestern baby, so I am not at all worried about it being too warm for him to wear sweaters in 6 months.

6 comments:

  1. Little sweaters are just so satisfying to me, there aren't a whole lot of endless, boring knit rows either which is nice. I really like this pattern, it looks like a classic. I think that silver buttons would just look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't matter if it's a bit big for the baby. A bit big is always good (except when they're running around and their nappies are falling off)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's always better to have it too big than too small. Babies grow so fast, you put them in clothes that are too big for them all the time anyway. Especially a sweater like that, handmade and everything, it will be easy to layer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's always better to have something too big than too small! I'm sure that your gifts will be appreciated no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I just love that pattern, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Yours turned out really well! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh! my friend has a baby boy, maybe it's time for me to try my hand at the sophisticate! so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!