Monday, April 8, 2013

I Need a Nap

I'm exhausted! The exam went very well (I think, we'll have to wait and see), so now I just want to veg out for the rest of...my life. Saturday, I camped out on the couch, caught up on The Following, knitted, prayed for the dark clouds to start thundering, saw Jurassic Park, finished Walking Dead season 2, and...thought about how much more work I have to do this semester. :P After I get a couple big things out of the way it will be much easier. I just have to keep reminding myself. :)


Let's talk about something more pleasant, eh? Knitting. Springtime. What to knit for springtime? I got some Sublime for Eliza's hat pattern, As The Leaves Begin to Fall. I know it's technically an autumn hat, but the green I have is very springy and I just acquired some directions for a new stranding method that I can't wait to try out. I've never knit with Sublime before. Everyone I know loves it, so I'm excited. :)

I just had a very vivid image of myself knitting outside in the hammock when it gets warmer (like today!)....Where are you going to go when it warms up? Or, if you are lucky and having a nice spring already, where are you hanging out? I just discovered a really neat prairie preserve right by our place. I can't wait to check it out. Pictures when I do, promise.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you finished the exam in one piece, you definitely deserve plenty of downtime after working so hard. What kind of Sublime? I've only knitted with one of their yarns (I don't remember the blend) and it was an experience I don't really want to repeat, in fact I think they discontinued it so hopefully that was their only bad yarn. I think that the green is perfect for spring! It is finally hitting the 70's here, yesterday I studied on my patio while kitty tried (unsuccessfully) to eat a little sprig of grass growing from between the bricks for 5 minutes. I shudder to think of the kind of destruction that would occur if your Spike and my kitty were to plot together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's baby cashmere merino silk dk. I'm just getting ready to cast it on, so I hope it's a good experience. :) I wish we had a patio (and that the buns could come out on it too!)!

      Delete
  2. We're in the middle of our spring, here and I love knitting on my patio with a glass of iced tea. My husband and I just caught up with the current season of Walking Dead. I want to know what happens, but at the same time am annoyed by the over the top gore specifically aimed at pushing the networks'/ public's limits. But I keep watching anyway, though I look down at my knitting a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to figure out how we're going to watch the third season. I feel like the gore has toned down a bit, but gore has never phased me very much. I'm told it's because I'm morbid. :)

      Delete
  3. a prairie preserve sounds lovely! i absolutely can't wait to see your version of my hat! i don't think it has to be an autumn hat at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!