Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sit Back, Relax

Let's all breathe a collective sigh of relief, shall we? It's finally spring/summer! It was ninety degrees here yesterday and really miserable. I spent the entire day on the couch in my pjs writing my last seminar paper ever. The hot computer and insulation of books and notes around me didn't help the heat any. Today, I don't have to worry about the heat of the computer or deadlines or where my notes blew off to because I. am. done. Mostly. I am spending the day grading papers and finalizing grades so that all I have to do Friday after my students' exam is pop their grades in there and submit them.


So there is one...or two or three deadlines I do have to worry about, but the good news is that they are all knitting deadlines. :) This little pretty should be as done as close as possible to the 22nd. Is that next week?! Holy moly! I think Shannon might give us a week or two leeway. I can do that! It looks kind of complicated, but it's pretty quick and easy. The back is entirely stockinette, so that'll be a breeze. It'll be easier to talk about next week when you can see what it will be.


I also have to get this started by the end of the month. It'll be Celestarium. I'm really, really excited for it! Anyone want to cast on with me? I need beads yet, so it might not be until this weekend at the earliest.


My Deco got very large and heavy, so it hasn't been travelling with me or growing much. Now that I don't have school (yay!), I will get to spend a lot of time with it. I just bought the perfect dress to wear with this and the pink cardi above. I'm aiming to have one or both done by the time I decide to wear it.

I finished a hat, which I anticipate I'll be able to share with you Friday. I'd love to know what you are knitting or what you are looking forward to this summer or what you are excited about this week. :) Talk to me! I've missed you!

For more WIP Wednesday posts, go to Tami's Amis!

4 comments:

  1. I would start Celestarium with you, but I'm doing some hats for my mom first. At the rate I'm going, I have no idea how long they'll take me. I did finish my second sock, though, so all I need to do is fix the other one, and then I can cast on a new project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got me on hats now too. :) It will take me a while to do Celestarium, so I'll probably still be at it when you start!

      Delete
  2. I am so tempted to knit Celestarium with you, unfortunately I'm getting ready to start on another KAL or I would totally have cast on with you! I'm glad classes are almost over and you only have knitting deadlines, they are the best kind of deadlines after all! I wish it would get warmer here! I'm visiting my parents in New England, it is usually way warmer by now, naturally I packed flip flops and shorts. I hope it cools down there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see it when you do start. :) I have the opposite problem: my spring clothes are still packed in storage and it's been 80 degrees all week! :P

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!