Monday, July 29, 2013

Gone in a Flash

We spent the weekend with my grandparents across the state while my brother was in town visiting. It was a really good weekend. I love spending time with my family, but now that I'm in grad school, I get less and less time to do that, even though they are so close. I'm going to try to make an effort to get out there at least once a month once school starts up again. The last time I visited before this weekend was in December. :S Comps and a million students just ate up all of my free time!


While we were there I had hoped to take photos of the sweater I finished a while ago. I wore it all day Saturday (it was chilly!), but didn't get a single shot of it.


What we photographed instead was hummingbirds!


I love hummingbirds. My grandparents live out in the country and they have always had an assortment of wild critters around to entertain us. Hummingbirds have always been the favorite (with wild turkeys a close second because they gobble back at you). We watched them chase each other around and fight with the biggest bumblebee I have ever seen for rights to the hummingbird feeder. We could have watched them for hours, but there was visiting to be done. :)

It was great to see my grandparents (two sets), my aunts, and my brother. But, now it's back to work! Not much longer before school starts up and I've got a serious deadline to meet before that comes!

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. The weather was so incredibly perfect. It still is! Did you make the most of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!