Monday, January 20, 2014

Ta-Da!

I never shared any more with you about my December art project! It came out pretty well and was chosen (I think because it was the only entry) as the face of our campus graduate student conference. It's not exactly what I had envisioned, but with the very short amount of time I had to do the whole thing, it came out pretty well.


The gears came out just as I had hoped. I used one of my favorite techniques for that part: put down a (dark) sketch on the bare paper in pencil, lay a layer or two of charcoal over top (cover the area in charcoal and use a tissue or paper towel to smooth it), and use chalk or conte crayon to raise a subject out of the dark. I'm under the delusion that I'll have time to play around with my art supplies this semester. We'll see if I can manage it once or twice a week.

I've got some finishing to do before school starts tomorrow (in knitting and school work), so I better keep this short. I'll see you Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!