Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Slogging Along

One larger project of my numerous works-in-progress that I'm racing to finish pretty quickly is this herringbone scarf.


It's a simple enough pattern, just repetitive, really long, and sort of boring. I figure, the faster I can get it done, the less likely I'll be to lose it in a pile where it will languish like some of my other half-finished projects. The biggest positive is that it is really, really pretty. The longer it gets, the more I like it. I'm not sure if it's a scarf I'll wear, though, so I'm trying to think of people I really love who will wear it. I put fringe on one end, though, so I might decide it's mine for keeps. :)


The worst part about this project is that the 24-row pattern repeat takes me so much longer to get through than I think it should. Like I said, it's simple, but it can take me as long as 40 minutes to do 24 rows. It's frustrating because I'm a fast knitter and this just doesn't feel like it's moving quickly. I'm forcing myself to do three repeats a day for the rest of the week until it is done. Only two feet left to go!

Are you slogging through any projects? How are you coping and keeping yourself motivated?

For more WIP Wednesday posts, visit Tami's Amis!

4 comments:

  1. I love that colour, it could tempt me out of my black & grey wardrobe rut. Those stitches look tiny! What size needles are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It's not really a color I would have chosen myself, but I'm crazy about it now. I used a size 4, so the stitches are quite tiny, lol.

      Delete
  2. It looks so intricate and I love the fringe :) I'm planning on trying herringbone pattern for my next project, hopefully it won't feel tedious if I use thicker yarn (hopefully!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fringe too! XD It's actually not too bad. I'm doing a second scarf in herringbone and I'm (surprisingly) not tired of it. I love seeing the pattern develop.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!