Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Excitement!

An exciting thing happened Monday: the beginning of the Linden Mittens KAL with Jane Richmond! Why am I so excited about a mitten KAL? Because it's a wonder I still have fingers after this winter, haha. I love knitting mittens, fingerless or otherwise, yet I don't have a pair of warm, functional, fingered, hand-knit mitts or gloves for myself. I tried to steal the ones I made for John, but I made them too suitable for his hands and they are big on me. :P And we won't talk about the Robot mittens. I might finish them. Someday. Maybe.


I was going to wait to cast on until I finished a shawl, but Jane Goodall(!!!) came to town and I thought mittens would be a much more suitable lecture knit than anything else I have on the needles. After a gauge bump, I'm back on track and loving this little fuzzy yellow guy.


I have a plan for two pair: the sport weight you see here in a special wool from Finland and a fingering weight in some striped cotton sock yarn I won for being a fast knitter. ;) I'm not sure how I feel about the particular striping of the fingering yarn or cotton mittens, so those will be an experiment.

Need some mittens? Have some self-striping sport or fingering weight yarn? Join in! You could win some lovely yarn! There are only two weeks, so jump in soon!

For more WIP Wednesday posts, visit Tami's Amis!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I've never tried to knit mittens before - I'll have to pop them on my "to-knit" list :) Love this bright colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mittens are fun! So easy to carry around and faster to work than socks, I think.

      Delete
  2. I love that color! It's the kind of color that feels warm in winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yellow, but this golden yellow really is just awesome for winter warmth. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!