Monday, October 6, 2014

Long Weekend

John and I took a three-day weekend trip to Minneapolis this weekend (hence the lack of an FO Friday post AGAIN :P). It was a tad chilly for my tastes, but beautiful, nonetheless.


We aren't terribly cultured, so we ate fast food and our big outing was to the Mall of America, but we enjoyed the sites we saw along the way. I did stop (on the way to the Mall) at StephenBe's Yarn Studio. It is really a great shop, especially if you like bright yarns. :) I picked up some yarn for a hat for my little brother.


We were there for the Twin Cities Marathon. I've never spectated so hard in my life! Most marathons are a large circle, but this one winds its way around Minneapolis and ends in St. Paul, so driving, parking, and walking/running to the course to see him was real a bear compared to other races. John did extremely well, though. I couldn't be prouder of him. :)


We had a great time, but we missed our bunnies! It's good to be home.

2 comments:

  1. cheers to john! i can't imagine running a marathon. i just ran my very first 5k and that was *work* for me! i've also been wanting to get up to minneapolis for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine either. I felt the same way running both the 5ks I've done, lol. You should go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love to hear what's on your mind!